Sunday, July 12, 2009

And so it is morning.



I get up and I go run. Practically die and only make it to 20 minutes. Great start of the day but then I look in the fridge and Tah-daa a perfect way to make my day better!



A Tofu Scramble!



Ok, I'll tell you a secret, I planned it all along...I knew I was going to make it but that didn't stop it from making me happier! So actually this is my first time ever making a tofu scramble so I was a bit nervous...



I had had a tofu scramble in Moab, Utah in a awesome little cafe called EklecticCafe (Trust me I have no idea how to say that). If you do ever find yourself in Moab I would recommend, actually more like command you go to this cafe. It is the cutest place with a really fun atmosphere as well as amazing food! My mom and I had this fantastic bread. It was sweet with little hints of sunflower seeds, Mmmm so good! I wish I was there! But all well I will have to live with my own tofu scramble...



So anyway my first time EVER making a tofu scramble.



Ok, so to begin I researched around to see recipes to make a tofu scramble and learned that there are a million different variations. I took the basics of each one a tried it out and I think I was successful considering both my parents liked it (neither likes tofu so big accomplishment!).



Ingredients


  • 1 block of firm tofu

  • 1 tsp turmeric

  • 1 tsp salt

  • 1 tsp pepper

  • 1 tbs soy sauce

  • 1 tsp of minced garlic

  • 1 cup of diced red bell pepper

  • 1 cup diced onions

  • 1/2 shredded carrots

Before you begin make SURE your tofu is rid of as much water as possible.


I first sauteed the garlic, red pepper, and onions until cooked.


Once cooked crumble the tofu into your mixture and cook until tofu is a little golden on the outside. Then add the rest of the ingredients and make sure to mix well (the turmeric will make your tofu a really bright yellow!!!). Cook until tofu is cooked throughout.


Your tofu scramble is complete.


Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment