Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ready for some more recipes?





First we will begin with Red Lentil Soup from, as you guessed it, WeightWatchers! This recipe was a little interesting but still very good. I actually really enjoyed it but I don't think it was enough for my mom and dad. They like really hearty meals. But if your needing a nice light meal (not to mention sweet), this is the recipe for you.




Ingredients


  • 2 tbsp olive oil

  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin

  • 1/2 ground coriander

  • 1/4 tsp ground red pepper

  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

  • 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped

  • 2 medium carrots, chopped

  • 29 oz fat-free chicken broth

  • 8 oz dry lentils, red, washed

  • 1/8 tsp table salt

  • 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt (I did without and it still tasted good!)

Heat oil in a medium nonstick pot and add cumin, coriander, ground red pepper, and cinnamon. Once you begin to smell the different fragrances you can add the bell pepper and carrots. Cook them until they start to become tender.

Add broth, lentils, and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer the lentils until they begin to become tender. It takes about 20 min.


Puree in batches in blender. (I didn't puree all of it so there would still be some texture from the lentils). Serve with dollop of yogurt (or not).


Serving size is 1 1/4 cup and 1 tbs of yogurt and serves about 4 people. Points Value is 6 (5 without the yogurt).


As I said I did really enjoy this meal. It was definitely different from what I normally have but still an interesting meal that I would try again. I think a side of bread would really be tasty with this soup and give it a little extra boost. All in all it was good, I would try it again, but not my favorite.


So I was going to post another recipe except that recipe is MIA at the moment. Way to many cookbooks....

No comments:

Post a Comment