Friday, February 12, 2010



Peanut butter Cookies Sandwiches

Yum.

Originally I am not a big peanut butter cookie fan and in all reality probably wouldn't like these without the filling. Harsh, but sort of true. I am sure the cookies were fine plain too but if you can put filling in them then whats the point of having them plain?!

Sadly I made these for no reason but too simply bake and I was left with all these cookies! Not that that is really a terrible problem to have but trying to watch my weight with a ton of delicious cookies around is not good.

So, I fed them to my mom's work. Of course a couple friends too. They all liked them so I'm pretty sure this recipe was a hit! Not to mention it was from Joythebaker and well she is fantastic. I love all of her recipes and always tend to go back for more!

So here is her amazing recipe. I would recommend checking her blog out and making these cookies of course.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Filling

  • 2 cups crunchy peanut butter (I mixed it with smooth too)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (pretty much liquid)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375

Mix together peanut butter and butter. Mix on medium until well combined. Add sugar and brown sugar and mix until incorporated. Then add the egg and do the same.

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and add to mixture slowly. Mix until fully combined, my dough was pretty thick too the point that no dough stuck to the side of the bowl. If your dough needs to harden stick the fridge for about 30 min.

Make about a tbs round balls. Press with a fork to make the decorations on the cookies. Cook for about 7-10 min until slightly brown on the top.

As the cookies cool, mix the filling ingredients with your mixture. When I created the filling it was a little bit of an experiment but take the basic idea and add what you think will taste the best. Sorry!

To finish them up just add the filling and combine two sandwiches and you have your Peanut Butter Sandwiches. Take and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment