Monday, February 8, 2010



Snow day today. Sort of happy, sort of not. I have been dying for a snow day ALL YEAR but the one time I don't want one, well we have one. Really? I am gong to Disney next week and I'm going to miss about three days of school and I don't want all my tests to be pushed back to those three days! All well, I guess just take advantage of the snow day.

Which is why I have the chance to enlighten you about a very delicious recipe.

I want to cook, mostly bake, so bad lately. It's to the point where I am asking people if they want me to make them anything, practically pleading them to let me. My mother finally caved and told me I could make her muffins to bring to her work, so tah dah yummy delicious Sour Cream Muffins with Poppy seed Streusal Topping.

They were light. They were fantastic. I will make these again. and again. and again.

Sour Cream Muffins with Poppy seed Streusal Topping

recipe courtesy of The Best of Cooking Light Everyday Favorites

Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour

  • 3/4 cup sugar

  • 2 tsp baking powder

  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 tbs grated orange

  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

  • 1 large egg

  • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream

streusal topping

  • 3 tbs sugar

  • 2 tbs flour

  • 1 tbs butter, melted

  • 1 tsp poppy seeds

Preheat oven to 375

Add the dry mixtures together, the first 5 ingredients. Stir together the liquid ingredients, or the remaining ingredients and pour over the dry. Stir until mixed throughout and a dough consistency appears.

Spoon the batter into 15 (I ended up with around 17, it all just depends on how big you want your muffin) muffin cups.

Mix the streusal toppings into another bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle the toppings over the prepared muffin cups.

Place the muffins in the oven for about 18 min, varying depending on the amount you put in each cup. Watch until the muffins start to turn a little golden on the top.




Then enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love to bake with sour cream. It adds a nice touch to baking goods!

    Your muffins sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete